Collection of unconventional solo violins
Orchestral Tools collaborates with violin maverick Aleksey Igudesma 01/28/22
orchestra tools announced Igudesman Violin solo, which they describe as a highly original and unconventional solo violin collection for the contemporary composer. They say the combination of leading sample library creators with the playful innovation of composer and violinist Aleksey Igudesman has forged a standout addition to Orchestral Tool’s extensive portfolio to inspire experimental, cutting-edge musical compositions.
Orchestral Tools Founder and CEO Hendrik Schwarzer told us: “We built Igudesman Solo Violin to spark creative ideas. It’s ideal for off-the-beaten-track composers looking to tap into an unconventional palette of tones and textures for sound design, experimental scores, and contemporary compositions. “
Here are more details straight from the company…
Experimental by design
Unlike ordinary solo violin libraries, this collection comes from the unconventional mind of Aleksey Igudesman. Violinist, composer and provocateur at the same time, Aleksey is known for his virtuoso playing and his unbridled creativity, as well as for his frequent collaborations with Hans Zimmer. This collection provides access to his unique and highly creative articulations and contemporary musical voice. The sounds on offer range from expressive gitano and klezmer tracks to atonal stripes and “seagulls”. Easy-to-use tempo-synced patches allow composers to quickly add rhythmic patterns while multiple mic positions – from close to surround – make it easy to dial in the right sound for every project.
Recorded on the legendary Teldex scoring stage in Berlin, Igudesman Solo Violin’s unique articulations and distinctive playing techniques produce eccentric and unexpected sounds from a traditional instrument – in this case, a rare and exquisite early violin. from the 18th century by the Italian luthier Santo Serafin. The wide range of styles in the collection are grouped as follows:
- Neo-electric: Fiery, distorted tones that reproduce harmonic feedback have been produced by applying strong bowing pressure near the bridge. With a range of long and short articulations as well as decorative licks, these expressive articulations evoke the throaty sound of a fuzz-soaked electric guitar or overdriven synth.
- Standard joints: These standard articulations would be considered exotic in any ordinary solo violin library. Although primarily created with traditional playing techniques, this group includes enthusiastic vibratos, pitch-changing pizzicatos, reverse Klezmer sounds, and drill-like pulsating sounds produced with an electric milk frother.
- Rhythms: Sampled patterns, recorded with a variety of tempos, octaves, and dynamics, provide a quick way to add movement to a composition. Select patches that place accents across octaves and choose from three distinct atonal playing techniques.
- Unpitched percussive: Build tension or create unique percussive parts with atonal effects including scratches, chops, and glissandi, all recorded at multiple tempos. Emphasize dramatic moments on screen or evoke the natural sounds of ducks or seagulls.
Aleksey Igudesman is a renegade virtuoso who constantly pushes the boundaries and upends the conventions of classical music. Whether playing the violin, composing or conducting, Aleksey always offers a unique blend of talent, creativity and charisma. As a violinist and composer, he frequently collaborated with famed film composer Hans Zimmer, including on the Oscar-nominated Sherlock Holmes soundtrack. Aleksey has toured with Zimmer as well as an array of other talented musicians, often alongside classical music and pop legends. This collection allows designers to channel Aleksey’s energetic style and unique articulation palette.
System Requirements For Igudesman Solo Violin
- Mac OS 10.13, i5, 4GB RAM
- Windows 10, Intel Core i5 or similar
- (Windows 7 is not officially supported)
- Interfaces: VST, AU
- 10.4 GB of samples (4.3 GB SINEarc compressed)
- 24-bit/48KHz patches
System Requirements for SINEplayer
- Mac OS 10.13, i5, 4 GB RAM (16+ GB recommended)
- Windows 10, Intel Core i5 or similar
- Interfaces: VST, AU, AAX
Price and availability:
Igudesman Solo Violin is available now at the introductory price of €129. The introductory price ends on February 9, 2022, at which time the normal price will be €199.
Prices shown here are exclusive of VAT – VAT may be added on purchases made within the EU.
More than: ORCHESTRA TOOLS
Even more news…